Wednesday, May 1, 2024

MADELEINES

 Cafe Treats Baker Deanna is a new addition to the Cafe Treats Bakers and also to our Blankets of Hope quilting group at the church. That's what I call jumping in feet first and she is contributing so much to both groups. We are blessed that she found Platte Woods United Methodist Church.

Deanna had a friend recommend making these Madeleines and even loaned her the pans to bake them. Deanna had so much fun making these she told me she was going to try and find the pans. I told her Friend Janice and I see them occasionally at estate sales so I would keep my eyes open looking for some.

Deanna sent me the recipe earlier in the week and said she would be making them later in the week. She just caught me at an alert moment so I asked her to take some pictures along the way and she did. Yay. I am such a visual learner and I love having pictures to show the process.

The recipe is really easy and taste great! Deanna said she thought the lemon zest really made them delicious. Anyway, hopefully you have some pans and you can make them too. (Credit Martha Stewart with the recipe.)


PRINT RECIPE.

MADELEINES

1/2     cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for the pans

1        cup sifted flour, plus more for the pans

4        large eggs, room temperature

2/3     cup sugar

1/4     teaspoon salt

1        teaspoon vanilla extract

1        teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest

powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and flour madeleine pans carefully with the extra ingredients. Set aside.

Melt the stick of butter and allow it to cool.

Using the whisk attachment on your electric beater, whisk the eggs, sugar, and salt for 8 minutes until thick.

Add the vanilla and lemon zest to the mixture.

Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour rapidly but gently.

Gently fold in the cooled butter, making sure it does not settle to the bottom.



Using a cookie scoop, scoop the batter into the prepared pans.




Bake until golden, about 7 minutes.

Remove from the pans and cool on racks.


Dust with powdered sugar when cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment