Monday, April 29, 2024

BANANA NUT BROWNIES

 I hope you aren't tiring of my recipes using bananas. I actually used our bananas this time as I was making these for our next door neighbors. We are really blessed to have some friendly and helpful neighbors. When it snows, someone appears and clears our long driveway and sidewalks. If we need any assistance with anything, it's there. Just a few days ago we lost one of our maple trees to some strong wind and rain. The next morning two neighbors Peter and Ryan were there with saws to cut it up to carry it off. (Pictures below.)

Peter's wife Colti has recently started selling Native American Jewelry. I have always loved Native American Jewelry and have quite a few pieces. She was going to show her pieces at a Spring Arts and Crafts Show and we went to support her and see what she had to sell. I was looking at two charms that I really liked and suggested to her that they would make pretty earrings. She picked them up and said she would make earrings for me. They turned out so cool. When I told her I wanted to pay her, she said, "baked goods". That's why I made these brownies. Colti told me Peter's daughter Ireland loves anything chocolate. So chocolate it was.

As I said, we had bananas that needed to be dealt with and I had found this recipe earlier when looking for something for the Cafe Treats. It has been a while since I made brownies that didn't have much flour so they have a different consistency. Ireland especially enjoyed them.

Right now I have a lot of baking to do...



BANANA NUT BROWNIES

1/2     cup (1 stick) butter, melted, cooled

1        cup sugar

3        tablespoons baking cocoa

2        large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten

1        tablespoon whole milk

1        teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2     cup flour

1        teaspoon baking powder

1/4     teaspoon salt

1        cup mashed ripe bananas (2 - 3 bananas)

1/2     cup chopped walnuts


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray or grease a 9 inch square baking pan. Set aside.


In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and cocoa.


Stir in eggs, milk, and vanilla.


Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and

then add to the creamed mixture.



Stir in bananas and nuts.



Pour into pan.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes our with moist crumbs,  40 to 45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Cut into squares to serve.


Just before serving you can dust with powdered sugar if you like. 

Our beautiful maple tree...












No comments:

Post a Comment