Monday, April 1, 2024

COLORFUL SPIRAL PASTA SALAD

 

Can you already believe it is April? I can't. And Easter, 2024 has come and gone.

Our Easter Sunday started early as we planned to go to our 8:00 A.M. service. We chose that service because we planned to go to church with our younger son Patrick and his family at their church at 10. Then we were going to go to our gkids' godparents for a family lunch.

As it turned out we missed going to church with Patrick and fam because they decided to go to the Sunrise service at 7 at their church but I didn't get his text because my phone had updated a few days ago and I didn't go in to exclude family members from the Do Not Disturb setting after bedtime. So we didn't know they had changed their minds in time to go. 

We enjoyed out service and then came back home until time to go meet them for lunch. I had asked Jamie what I could bring and she told me a pasta salad. That was something I haven't made too often so I had to go hunting for a recipe.

I found this recipe in a new cookbook for me called Taste of Home Half Homemade. I thought it looked so attractive in the picture and seemed to be really easy to make. It actually took me longer to cut up the fresh broccoli than it was to mix the ingredients. I have decided it won't be the last time I make it when we are going to a potluck.



PRINT RECIPE.

COLORFUL SPIRAL PASTA  SALAD

1        pkg. (12 oz) tricolor spiral pasta

4        cups fresh broccoli florets

1        dry pint grape tomatoes 

1        can ( 6 oz) pitted ripe olives, drained

1/8     teaspoon salt

1/8     teaspoon pepper

1-1/2  cups Zesty Italian salad dressing  



In a Dutch oven or big soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions,

adding the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking.

Drain and rinse with cold water. 


Transfer to a large bowl.

Add the tomatoes and olives.

Measure the salad dressing and add the salt and pepper to it, stirring with a whisk.


Pour the salad dressing mix over the pasta mixture in the bowl.

Toss to coat. 








Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Store leftovers in a closed storage container in the refrigerator.

If you keep it a day or two, the flavors will be even better.


HAPPY EASTER

No comments:

Post a Comment