Monday, May 13, 2024

BANANA APPLESAUCE MINI-MUFFINS

 

Yes, I still have bananas in the freezer that I need to make, but this past week I decided to try something different than Banana Bread. Since no one signed up for a sugar-free treat, I had to look for something using bananas that was either sugar-free to begin with or that I could make sugar-free.


It wasn't too difficult for me when I found this recipe that I had written on a grocery list sheet that used unsweetened applesauce and a sugar-free yellow cake mix. That's probably why I wrote it down whenever I saw it, because I like to use my Zero-Sugar as they call it now yellow cake mix. I also have a devil's food cake mix that is Zero-Sugar. This recipe would probably taste just as good using a chocolate cake mix. I will have to remember that and try using the devil's food cake mix the next time.


These went together so quickly and I just used a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients. I love when I don't have to get out my electric mixer. I sprayed the muffin tins and let the muffins cool about four or five minutes and I just lifted them out my fingers, they came out so easily. It was really a fun experience making them. 




PRINT RECIPE.

BANANA APPLESAUCE MINI-MUFFINS

2     bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)

1/2  cup unsweetened applesauce

1     large egg

1     box yellow cake mix (I used a Zero Sugar Yellow Cake Mix)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 24 - cup mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.


Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and

stir until the cake mix is completely mixed with the wet ingredients.


Drop level dollops using a small (tablespoon) cookie scoop of the batter. (I didn't completely fill the second pan so I poured a little water in the empty ones so that the other muffins would bake evenly.)


Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool several minutes before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling.








I made these the night before and sifted a little powdered sugar over the tops before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment