Thursday, November 10, 2022

SPICED PUMPKIN CUPCAKES (NO-SUGAR-ADDED)

 

On the first Tuesday after the first Sunday of the month (Did you follow that?) our church has a "Meet and Treat" with the ministers. Friend Molly, our Welcome and Connections  Coordinator, brings a sugary treat and I bring a low/no sugar treat. I found a couple of different treats to make this month, but I had some leftover canned pumpkin that I needed to use.

I know many people are not big fans of pumpkin. My husband is one, but so far this fall he hasn't complained and seems to be enjoying my pumpkin recipes. I haven't made a pumpkin pie. That is usually too much pumpkin for him. I would say these muffins are mild tasting as far as pumpkin goes, but then I like pumpkin so I might not be a good critic. 

If you aren't a big raisin fan, you could add dried cranberries. I think that would taste really good also. If you like a little chocolate, you could always add chocolate chips. Be creative and feel free to make the recipe your own.

PRINT recipe  only.



SPICED PUMPKIN CUPCAKES (NO-SUGAR-ADDED)

1       package sugar-free yellow cake mix

1       package (4-serving size) Sugar-Free Vanilla Instant Pudding mix

1       cup canned pumpkin

1/2    cup oil

1/2    cup water

3       large eggs

1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

3/4   teaspoon ground cloves

1        teaspoon vanilla extract

1        cup raisins, optional

cinnamon-sugar/cinnamon-stevia, optional


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 12-cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.


Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, cinnamon, and cloves in the bowl with an electric mixer.

 


Add the pumpkin, oil, water, eggs, and vanilla and

beat on low just until moistened. Scrape the sides of the bowl. 


Beat two minutes at medium speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl again. 


Add the raisins, if using.

Stir with spatula until distributed.



Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.

Next time I will only fill about 20 muffin cups so that I have all larger muffins. I like a muffin that is 3/4 full instead of 2/3.

Sprinkle tops with cinnamon/stevia mixture, if desired. (I did one pan but forgot to take a picture.)


Bake 20 minutes.


Cool in pans a few minutes. Remove and finish cooling on wire rack.





I sprinkled some powdered sugar on some of the plain ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment