Monday, November 14, 2022

KING ARTHUR FLOUR PUMPKIN PANCAKES/WAFFLES

 I know I have been sharing recipes with pumpkin lately, but it feels like the time to do so is so short. I don't see why it has to be that way. Anyway I hope you will bare with me with one more recipe. This is, of course, is awesome or I wouldn't be sharing it with you. 

The recipe is supposed to be used for making pancakes and I did make pancakes the first time and they worked out great. I had leftover batter after the first time so I just stored it in an air-tight container to use the next day. The batter was thick the first time but even thicker the next day. As usual I just added a little extra milk the second day to thin the batter. I didn't add much and so it was still not thin. That's when I got the idea to try it as waffles instead.

Well, that worked out even better and since my husband prefers waffles instead of pancakes, that is what I will be doing each time I miss up the ingredients. For a twist, I sprinkled a little cinnamon-sugar on top instead of powdered sugar and used my usual sugar-free syrup. The only change I made in the recipe was to use whole wheat flour instead of the all-purpose flour.

PRINT RECIPE.



KING ARTHUR FLOUR PUMPKIN WAFFLES

1-1/4    whole wheat flour

2          tablespoons sugar

2          teaspoons baking powder

1-1/2    teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1/2       teaspoon salt

1          cup milk (may need to add a little more if batter is too thick)

1/3       cup pumpkin

2          tablespoons butter or oil

1          large egg


In a large bowl blend the dry ingredients with a whisk. 


Add the milk, pumpkin, oil, and egg and stir til combined. 

Heat waffle iron and cook as normal OR


as pancakes...











2 comments:

  1. I didn't know we can put pumpkins in the pancakes. This is very good and healthy. I'll do some for my little grandson 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't strong with pumpkin but just enough to add a new flavor for pancakes. Hope your grandson like them. Don't forget a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Patricia

      Delete