Monday, November 21, 2022

APPLE CIDER COOKIES


We have had two weeks of winter - a little snow and temperatures below normal with highs only in the 20s and mid 30s and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. The good news is the forecast for Thanksgiving week is normal with highs in the 50s and maybe even 60. That will be good since we are supposed to be replacing our front door. I'm really looking forward to that. It will be a different look after painting our wooden front door red right after we moved in twelve years ago to having a navy blue steel front door. I will share a picture of it after it is finished.

I have also been neglecting my blog for a number of months now and it has caused some problems when it comes to sharing some awesome recipes with you. I can usually remember what I have made but not where I found the recipe. Crazy, right? I have been frustrating hours hunting through cookbooks trying to find the recipe. I have so much better things to do with my time!

I remembered these cookies - they are hard to forget, but when I was scrolling through the pictures on my phone, I couldn't find the pictures. Then I found the recipe, but still couldn't find the pictures. 

I try to delete the pictures from my gallery after I write a post. When I couldn't find them, I decided I must have deleted the pictures by mistake. Today I decided to check my photos to find them. I don't usually delete those pictures.

I finally found them all the way back in August! I couldn't believe I had made them that long ago. 

I have since decided when I make a recipe, I will also take a picture of the cookbook and recipe if something happens that keeps me from posting right away. So hopefully I won't be wasting any more time trying to find a recipe. I also am going to try to write up the post as soon as I can after I make something. That way I don't have to scroll through so many photos. That make writing a post a long time having to scroll each time for the next photo.

All that said, this recipe was delicious back in August but would especially be fabulous now. The apple cider drink mix plus the chopped apples plus the sugar cookie mix created a perfect cookie. I did use a sugar-free apple cider drink mix to reduce the amount of sugar. I also used

PRINT RECIPE


APPLE CIDER COOKIES

2       tablespoons sugar

1       package (0.74 oz) apple cider instant drink mix (not prepared with water) (I used a sugar-free drink mix)

1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1       pouch (17.5 oz) sugar cookie mix

1/2    cup (1 stick) butter, softened or at room temperature

1       egg

3/4    cup finely chopped peeled apple (1 medium)


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. 


In a small bowl, combine the sugar, 1 teaspoon of the apple cider instant drink mix, and 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until well blended. Set aside. Since I was using a sugar-free apple cider mix I didn't use use a whole teaspoon of the apple cider drink mix. (No picture until later.)


Combine the sugar cookie dry mix with the rest of the apple cider mix with a whisk in a large bowl. 






Add the butter, egg, the rest of the apple cider instant drink mix with a hand mixer on low until mixture is crumbly.

 


Stir in the apple pieces until

combined.

Scoop out the loose dough (I used my tablespoon scoop)
and shape the dough in the palm of your hand 

 into a ball. 

Roll balls in the sugar-spice mixture. 

Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. (Discard any remaining sugar-spice mixture.)

Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are set and light golden brown. Cool 1 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet to wire racks 

to finish cooling on a wire rack.








Store cookies in airtight container after completely cooled.


2 comments:

  1. I love apple in every kind if cake or buiscuits. So I love these balls of apples 😋😋😋 Here in Italy we have much more cold than in the last winter. 🥶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had two weeks of winter in November also here in Missouri, USA but this week the temps have been a little more than normal with temperatures up to 60 degrees F. The weather is crazy everywhere. Good to hear from you. Patricia

      Delete