Monday, December 13, 2021

BRUNSWICK STEW

Yesterday morning I woke up around 7:30. From 7:30 to 8:30 I was in and out of sleepiness. During that hour I was thinking about what I was going to do that day. I have been rearranging my sewing room to make it more work friendly so that was on my mind. Flashes of my blog came through my thoughts and I remembered I had forgotten to write a post the night before to share that morning. Then Wayne came into the bedroom telling me it was almost 8:30 and asked what time did I have to be at church to play handbells. Handbells? Then I realized it wasn't Monday, but it was Sunday morning.

I really thought it was Monday. An hour and a half later when we met to play through our two songs, it wasn't pretty. When Sara our director was commenting on things we needed to work on, I recognized the "things". I apologized and told her what had happened and I wasn't totally awake yet. 

I managed to get to the first half of Sunday school before meeting the choir. Everyone said we sounded really good after church. I loved the two Christmas songs. After church we went home to watch the Chiefs win the football game. We had maybe 30 minutes after it ended before we headed back to church to listen to Christmas movie played by our music director Walter called "A Merry Little Christmas with Walter and Friends". They entertained us for an hour with a jazzy version of some of their favorite secular songs. We had to leave a few minutes early so we could get to the Christmas Program at the church of our son and his family in Platte City, just about 20 minutes north of KC. Madison wasn't filling well, but Tyler was their to participate. (Check out some pictures from the evening below.)

I actually have several posts to write, but I thought I would start with some Brunswick Stew I made that we really enjoyed. The recipe came from Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House in Historic Savannah.


BRUNSWICK STEW

2     lbs pork or chicken (chopped) (I used 3 chicken breasts)

1/2  teaspoon black pepper

1     teaspoon hot sauce

2     tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce

1/3  cup drippings (pork or bacon) (I didn't have either so I used canola oil.)

1/2  cup barbecue sauce

1-1/2  cups catsup

2        cups diced potatoes (cooked)

3        cans cream style corn

Place all ingredients in a sauce pan, cover, and heat slowly. (I used a soup pot.) Salt and more hot sauce may be needed according to taste preferred. Makes about 2 quarts.





 

























Here are some pictures of Tyler...




and we got to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Claus also...



No comments:

Post a Comment