Wednesday, December 8, 2021

CORN DELIGHT

It was exciting to be able to have our Sunday school Christmas party this year after not having it last year because of Covid. Everyone was ready to party and that's just what we did. Our host/ess supplied the Honey Baked Ham and Smoked Turkey and everyone else brought a dish to share. We also had a White Elephant Dirty Santa gift exchange which created quite a few  laughs.

This Corn Delight was the side dish I made to share. There are a number of different recipes for this baked corn casserole, but I decided to choose this one from a family cookbook of a friend Linda. Linda played next to me in our handbell choir and died several years ago from cancer. Making the recipe seemed the right thing to do. It was really good and I'm glad I chose it to make.



CORN DELIGHT

1     can whole kernel corn with liquid

1     can cream style corn

3/4  cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)

1/2  cup (1 stick) butter, melted

1     egg

1     cup grated mild Cheddar cheese (I used extra sharp (Cabot) White Cheddar cheese)

1     7-1/2 oz box corn muffin mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole baking dish.


In a large bowl mix all ingredients until

well blended.

Pour into baking dish.

Bake for 1 hour. Let set 20 minutes before serving.


A picture of us at the party. Wayne is wearing the gift he got.


You can see what Wayne got in his Christmas gift, this is what I ended up with. My first gift was 2 bags  each containing $165 dollars shredded. Someone stole it, so I stole this box of goodies because I love cheetos.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment