Monday, December 27, 2021

OATMEAL-APPLE-CRANBERRY COOKIES

I'm really excited to be sharing this recipe with you. These cookies are so good, I ended up making them two days in a row. I bagged up a dozen for the recycle crew and a dozen for the trash crew when they came by last Thursday to pick up our trash and recycle collection. Wayne took Charlie and Parker to the vets also that day to get their nails clipped so I sent two dozen cookies to the staff there. We ate a few too so that meant I had to make another batch on Thursday. 

When I made the second batch, I decided to add a cup of chocolate chips and loved them even more. The recipe said to measure out 3 tablespoons for each cookie, but I didn't want to make them that big so I used my 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop and they were just the right size. They are a soft breakfast - like cookie. From the second batch I gave a dozen to my hairstylist and a dozen to the lady that does my nails. I also gave a dozen to one neighbor but still have four more neighbors to treat. They received rave reviews by the people who ate one in my presence.

I intended to make another batch yesterday, but my body had different ideas and said it needed to slow down and rest. Will see if I get around to making some more this afternoon.

I'm not sure what was going on with me when I made the first batch on Wednesday. That's the only time I took some pictures but as I am writing this, I realize I didn't take half the pictures I usually do. So if you like seeing all my pictures, I apologize to you for not having my act together. I didn't even take a picture of the final cookies and fortunately had 3 left in the cookie jar that I could put on a plate and take a picture of.       



OATMEAL - APPLE - CRANBERRY COOKIES

3       cups flour

2       teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1       teaspoon baking powder

1       teaspoon baking soda

1/2    teaspoon salt

1       cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened

1       cup sugar

1       cup packed light brown sugar

2       eggs

1       cup chunky applesauce

1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

4       cups old-fashioned oats

1-1/2 cups dried cranberries

1       cup dark chocolate chips (optional) (but highly recommend) 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray lightly 2 cookie sheets. Set aside. (The first batch I used parchment paper, but the second batch I just sprayed lightly.)


Whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.



Beat the butter and sugars in large bowl at medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.

(I started off at a lower speed until most of the butter was broken up.)


Add eggs one at a time, beating just until combined. (Don't forget to scrape the sides of the bowl as you mix up the dough.)

Beat in applesauce and vanilla until blended. At low speed, beat in flour mixture just until blended. (I slowly added the flour.)

Beat in cranberries and

oats and chocolate chips, if you are using them.

Drop a scant 3 tablespoons dough per cookie for larger cookies or 1-1/2 tablespoon scoop for a regular cookie on cookie sheets. They will spread a little so don't overcrowd the cookie sheets.


Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack 2 minutes.

Place cookies on rack and cool completely.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment