Monday, December 20, 2021

BROWNIE S'MORES

 I know this is the season of giving and sharing and I apologize to any friend that might have gotten some of these Brownie S'Mores, but didn't. That's right. Wayne and I didn't feel in the season of giving and sharing in regards to these awesome Brownie S'Mores. It just took one bite to know, too. 

I tried. I really did. I asked Wayne if he wanted me to share some with a friend. And he said, "Why? Did you not like them?" I reminded him that often times when he eats something he especially likes that he will tell me to give some to "x" or "y". (because he doesn't need to eat them). But this time he didn't feel that way. Guess I will have to make some more for my friends. He always complains that I only make something once.

This is one of those recipes that you can make it to suit your wants. I made them using a sugar-free brownie mix for an 8 x 8 " pan. If you wanted to make more, just use a 9 x 13 " pan size brownie mix. Use the amounts of graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate chips as you like.



BROWNIE S'MORES

1     box of brownie mix + ingredients called for on box to make

graham crackers

miniature marshmallows

chocolate chips

Preheat oven to temperature required on brownie mix box.


Prepare brownie mix according to directions on box.


Spray the size pan called for on brownie box to bake the brownies. (I used an 8 x 8 " glass baking dish for a sugar-free brownie mix.)


Line the baking dish with whole graham crackers.


Carefully spread evenly, the prepared brownie mix over the graham crackers. 


Bake for the required time according to box except for the last 2 minutes. (example - box says to bake 32 minutes. Remove brownies at 30 minutes.) Place pan on wire rack and

cover top with miniature marshmallows - enough to make a single layer. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of that. (I used a little more than 1 cup of marshmallows and about 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips for my 8 x 8 " pan.)


Return pan to oven and bake the two minutes. If you like, then turn on broiler and broil until the marshmallows are as brown as you like them. I think I broiled mine about 2 minutes, but the rack wasn't real close to the broiler.


Cool pan on wire rack before

cutting to serve. You can even pick them up to eat like real s'mores.

LINK FOR JUST THE RECIPE HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment