Wednesday, July 28, 2021

ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS

 This summer is passing quickly. It has been taken up with one doctor's appointment after another. Wayne and I both had our Wellness CheckUps plus it turned out to the time for those tests that come up every few years to be done again. 

One time Wayne asked me to go with him and said we could go out to eat afterwards. (I am used to going with Friend Janice to the "southland" as I call it and then telling him about where we ate. They have so many different restaurants south of the (MO) river in Kansas than we have in the "northland" (north of the river).

Well while he was having the test done, I was searching online to find a place for us to eat. And that is what I did. I found a place even Janice and I have eaten at and it was very good. Wayne ordered a wrap and Roasted Brussels Sprouts for his side. He couldn't say enough good stuff about them so I told him I would make him some at home. (We ended up going there again when he had another test done later and he got the Roasted Brussels Sprouts again.)  



ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS

1     lb (bag) Brussels Sprouts

3     tablespoons olive oil

3/4  teaspoon sea salt

1/2  teaspoon ground black pepper

Parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 


Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.


In a bowl stir the oil, sea salt, and pepper together.

Add the Brussels sprouts and

stir to coat. (I did a little at a time.)



Spread the coated Brussels sprouts onto a large cookie sheet.

If you notice any areas uncoated, spoon any mixture left in the bowl over the areas.
Roast for 30 minutes, or until crisp on the outside but tender on the inside.

Shake the pan several times during the cooking time. 








Serve immediately.


Can shake a little more salt on them after done, if you like.


Cover with Parmesan cheese before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment