Monday, August 2, 2021

PEACH PRALINE PIE

The peaches we have bought in the stores have been so good this year. I think the best all-around that we have ever bought. It seems like ages ago that I could go out in our back yard and pick fresh peaches off our peach tree in the summer. It has been almost 13 years ago that we moved from CA to MO so I guess "ages" is not far from the truth. About three years ago we finally planted a peach tree in our backyard here in MO and this year looks like we might get some peaches from it.The tree is full. They don't look like our peaches did in CA, but I'm just excited to see peaches still on the tree. Last year I quit counting at 10 but as the summer progressed, they all disappeared.

I found this unique recipe for Peach Praline Pie from an inn in Bradford, New Hampshire. I really wanted to make a cobbler, but when I saw this recipe which was different than any peach pie recipe I have seen or eaten, I was intrigued. 

Since I have purchased peaches at three different places recently, I ended up using a combination of different peaches. It just made an interesting looking filling to put in the pie crust; it didn't change the taste of the pie at all. My peaches were super sweet, ripe, and juicy so the pie was really juicy. I decided to put it in the refrigerator after it cooled off before I cut it so the slice would come out whole.

I also substituted erythritol for the sugar, but I did use brown sugar since it only called for 1/3 cup. I do have a brown sugar blend I sometimes use. The pie was very sweet.



PEACH PRALINE PIE

3/4      cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup erythritol)

3         tablespoons flour

4         cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches

1-1/2   teaspoons lemon juice

     *     *     *     *

1/3       cup brown sugar, firmly packed

1/4       cup flour

1/2       cup chopped pecans

3          tablespoons butter

     *     *     *     *

1          unbaked pie shell (I used an 8-1/2 inch pie plate)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.


In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and 3 tablespoons of flour, mix well with a whisk.

Add the peaches and lemon juice.

Toss to coat peaches with the sugar mixture.


In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and the pecans. Cut in the butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.


Sprinkle 1/3 of the nut mixture in an unbaked pie shell until it becomes a layer on the bottom.

Cover with the peach mixture and then

sprinkle the remaining nut mixture over the peaches.


Bake until the peaches are tender. (I baked mine 30 minutes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment