Monday, July 26, 2021

SATURDAY'S FRUITY BREAKFAST

 A couple of weeks ago for our special Saturday breakfast, I thought I would make some fruity pancakes like I had enjoyed at Bob Evans Restaurant. They turned out just like, well almost - I didn't use the whipped cream - the ones at the restaurant. Do I need to say they were easy? 

I mixed up a favorite pancake mix and went from there. I sliced the firm banana with the skin on with a sharp knife and then pulled the peeling off afterwards. You could do it either way. I did it that way because I didn't know how many slices I would use and I didn't want a whole banana peeled and then not need the whole banana. Silly, right? If I didn't want to eat the last of the banana, Wayne would for sure eat it. As it was I used the whole banana.



FRUITY PANCAKES

Your favorite pancake mix or recipe

Thinly sliced banana slices

Sliced strawberries or whole blueberries or whatever fruit you want to use


Mix up your favorite pancake mix.

Heat griddle or skillet. (Test griddle before you start pouring out pancakes unless you like thin spread-out pancakes.)

Slice banana.


Pour out batter for pancakes.

Press thin banana slices on top of each pancake as it cooks.

Flip over when browned and finish cooking on the other side until done.

(This side of the pancake doesn't look as nice so just make sure you serve them with that side down.)


Remove from griddle or skillet when done. Butter pancakes if you like and top with sliced strawberries or berries.


Wayne wanted more than just the pancakes to eat. I had a lb-sausage roll that I had not opened yet. I decided to cut slices of it and freeze them for cook later. I placed the slices on a cookie sheet, covered them with plastic wrap, and places in the freezer.

When they were frozen, I removed them and placed two in a sandwich bag and then I didn't take a picture of this, but I placed them in a larger freezer bag. I returned the bag to the freezer and they are ready for me if he wants sausage again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment