Monday, February 4, 2019

LEMON COCONUT PIXIES

I failed to get this post written last week so am finally getting around to sharing it with you. I am so sorry! I just finished eating one (okay, two). So, so good with a glass of milk. I take my calcium, vitamin D, etc with milk to help them go down easier and can I help with I pour milk than I actually need to swallow all those "pills? 😉

Once again I found a super-duper good cookie to enjoy and to share with you. I found it also in a cookbook simply named Amish Cooking.  It doesn't include authors or contributors. Since I was making them for us, I did substitute stevia for the sugar. I can't completely blame the results on the substitution because I also left them in the refrigerator too long and they were really "chilled" by the time I got back to them, but (even though my husband ate them - remember he eats just about anything) I would not recommend it. Not wanting to give up though, I immediately mixed up another batch using sugar and sweetened coconut and they are to "die for".

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.




LEMON COCONUT PIXIES

1/4       cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1          cup sugar
2          eggs
1-1/2    teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel (I did use dried lemon peel)
1-1/2    cups flour
2          teaspoons baking powder
1/4       teaspoon salt
1          cup sweetened coconut flakes
powdered sugar


In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and lemon peel until well blended.
Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt;
gradually add to the lemon mixture,
beating until well blended.
Stir in coconut.
Cover; and refrigerate dough about 15 minutes or until firm enough to handle.






Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.


Shape dough into 1 - inch balls (using a cookie scoop works perfectly for this);
roll in powdered sugar (that you put in a small bowl).
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes (I baked mine the full 18 minutes.)
Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks. 











Store in tightly covered container in a cool, dry place.

No comments:

Post a Comment