Friday, February 8, 2019

EASY CINNAMON SUGAR PECANS OR ALMONDS

I always love when my friends and I gather at another friend's house and she has already printed the recipe for me for something she made and served us. When a few of us met at Friend Sue's house for Farkle, she served these delightful Cinnamon Sugar Almonds. Sue said she preferred to use almonds instead of pecans because she liked the taste to the almonds. Trust me - I ate enough of them to agree with her.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.



EASY CINNAMON SUGAR PECANS OR ALMONDS

1      lb pecans or almonds
1      cup sugar
1      tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2   teaspoon salt (or your preference)
1      egg white
2      teaspoons vanilla extract
2      teaspoons water

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large Ziploc bag.

Whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water with a fork in a large bowl until frothy.

Add the nuts to the egg mixture and stir until well coated. Pour nuts into the bag, seal, and shake until well coated.

Spread nuts on prepared baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

Cool before serving.

2 comments:

  1. These look great. I have a question about the egg white mixture, after I mix it in the bowl, do I add the nuts and drain off some of the egg white mixture? then into the ziploc bag with the cinnamon sugar? It not stated in the directions. Thanks marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry, Marie, I left out part of the directions. You are correct and I am changing it. Thank you so much for catching it and asking me. Patricia

      Delete