Friday, August 18, 2017

PARTY PINWHEELS

I am always telling my friends to take pictures and send me the recipe when they make something that is really good. A few remember and take me up on my offer. While Friend Fran does very little cooking/baking anymore, her daughter Sheila does. 

This recipe is one that Fran told me about. For once, Sheila took a few pictures along the way, which is always good since I can't seem to do any step without showing y'all pictures of it. (I know they are helpful to some people and I am a visual learner myself.)

The neat thing about this recipe is you can use all your favorites - meat, extras such as black olives, peppers, etc.

Sheila made these for a gathering they were having and I am so thankful she thought enough of my blog to share her experience with me. She states in the recipe that 1/3 less fat cream cheese works well. I bet fat free would work well also.



PARTY PINWHEELS

1        8 - ounce package of cream cheese, at room temperature (1/3 less works fine)
          salsa (use your favorite homemade or bought)
          chopped jalapeno peppers - chopped black olives , etc
          onion chopped fine
          sausage, bacon, pepperoni, etc (dice the pepperoni if you use it
1       12- count package flour tortillas - 12 inch size

Brown and drain the meat you are using.



Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese over the flour tortilla to about an inch from the edge.



Sprinkle on toppings and salsa to cover.



Roll tightly.



Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight.



Slice them the next day just before serving about1-1/2 inches wide.



Serve with additional salsa, if you like.

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar recipe that uses cream cheese, salsa, and chopped green onion as the filling, but you mix it all together before spreading it on the flour tortillas. It becomes a rosy hue because of the cream cheese and salsa mixing together. I like that it seems to "glue" the pinwheels together well so they don't separate after you slice them in 1-inch bites.

    Liz B in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, for the suggestion. I will pass it on to Fran's daughter Sheila. Patricia

      Delete