Wednesday, January 4, 2017

BAKED EGG, SAUSAGE, HASH BROWN POTATO CASSEROLE

When we were in CO for Christmas, my husband's sister and her husband came over for brunch one day. They brought a huge bowl of fresh fruit and a delicious egg casserole. They are used to seeing my recipes on Facebook when they are posted, so they weren't surprised when I asked if I could take a couple of pictures and share their recipe here. It is a recipe they often make and take to church gatherings.

I asked her if she mixed it up the night before and just baked it in the morning. Sondra said, "Dave always browns the sausage the night before and I just mix it all together and bake it the next morning before we leave.



BAKED EGG, SAUSAGE, HASH BROWN POTATO CASSEROLE

1       pound ground sausage (Use Hot Sausage if you want more flavor)
3      cups grated cheese (Sondra uses whatever she has in the frig.)
12    eggs, scrambled
2     cups milk
2     cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Spread cooked sausage in the bottom of a 9 x 13 - inch baking dish.

Top with cheese and then spread hash browns evenly over cheese.

Scramble eggs in large bowl. Add milk and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.

Pour egg/milk mixture over ingredients in baking dish.

Bake for about 45 minutes.

Optional add-in:  diced onion

Serve with salsa if you like.





Thanks Sondra and Dave for sharing your casserole and fruit with us that morning and for allowing me to share your recipe here on My Patchwork Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment