Friday, December 2, 2016

LEMON PECAN COOKIES

Well, are you ready for another fabulous cookie recipe? Like I said in Wednesday's post for the Double Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies, I was sharing it first only because I made them first. Trust me, these cookies are also a winner!

I have to admit that the cookies were supposed to be Orange Pecan Cookies, but I didn't have any orange flavoring. I had just about every other flavor flavoring, but decided to stay with a citrus flavor and chose lemon. I admitted to some of the other SAM singers and after taking a bite or two, they told me they loved the lemon flavor. In fact, preferred it over the orange flavoring.



LEMON PECAN COOKIES

1       (17.5 ounce sugar cookie mix
1/2   cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1       egg
1       teaspoon lemon extract
1/2   cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Combine the cookie mix, butter, egg, lemon extract, and pecans.
Mix well. (I did decide to use my electric mixer.)






Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. (Forgot to take a picture, but as you can see in the next picture, they flatten out nicely.)


Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges.


Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 1 minutes before removing them to finish cooling on wire rack.


Makes a little over 3 dozen cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment