Monday, September 12, 2016

JIFFY PUMPKIN CORNBREAD MUFFINS

A year or so ago I decided to experiment with a recipe and came up with an awesome but so simple Jiffy Sweet Potato Cornbread Muffins. It is one of my more often visited posts.  Having some extra canned pumpkin I decided I would try and make some Jiffy Pumpkin Cornbread muffins. 

OMG! They were so awesome too. 

I served them with a chicken and rice soup and they were just the perfect addition.

So next time you make a recipe that only calls for 1 cup of canned pumpkin, consider making these cornbread muffins with the leftover pumpkin. If you like cornbread, I just know you will love them.



JIFFY PUMPKIN CORNBREAD MUFFINS

1       Jiffy cornbread mix
1       egg
1/2   cup milk
1/2   cup canned pumpkin

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a little bit of shortening in each cup in a muffin tin (I like to use my cast iron muffin tin.) and let it melt while you are preheating the oven.



Combine the ingredients and let it rest for at least 5 minutes.




Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.  Will make about 8 muffins depending on size of your muffin cups.(The following picture was taken the first time I tried the recipe. I changed it the second time and filled the cups a little more and only got 8 muffins, but I didn't take a picture the second time.)



Bake for 20 minutes or til turning brown.



Spread butter on hot muffins to melt and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment