Thursday, September 29, 2016

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP OAT COOKIES (SUGAR FREE)

When I was making cookies for the Gathering that my husband and I hosted at the church Monday afternoon, I wanted to have some cookies that were sugar free to offer in case any of our "guests" were diabetic. I made the Applesauce Cookies (Sugar Free) using a recipe from my dil Sara, but I wanted to have one more choice for them. 

The recipe came from a cookbook I bought at an estate sale called Favorite Brand Names 3 Books in 1: Cookies, Bars, and Muffins. The recipe Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies were in the Cookie Jar Favorites section. They were not sugar free and they were not chocolate chocolate chip, but I knew I could make them so and that is what I did. (You see since I had made a chocolate chip cookies full of sugar, I wanted to have a different look to the sugar free ones. That was easy to do by just using a chocolate cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix. By using a sugar free cake mix, I could make the cookies sugar free. I did have to go buy some sugar free chocolate chips, but that was okay.)



DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP OAT COOKIES
(SUGAR-FREE)

1       package sugar free chocolate cake mix (use a yellow cake mix if you do not want the cookies to be chocolate)
1       teaspoon baking powder
3/4  cup oil
2      eggs
1       teaspoon vanilla
1       cup old-fashioned oats
3/4  cup sugar-free chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. ( I did the latter.)


Stir together the cake mix and baking powder in a large bowl.
(I used a whisk.)


Add oil, eggs, and vanilla.
Beat by hand until well blended.
Stir in oats and chocolate chips.


Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. (I used my cookie scoop but didn't round the dough.)


Bake 10 minutes. Do not overbake.


Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 5 minutes.
Remove and finish cooling on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment