Tuesday, May 26, 2015

FRESH PEACH CAKE

I found a couple of cookbooks when Janice and I went out last Friday to several estate sales in the Northland. We didn't have all day as we usually do as I had an appointment first thing Friday morning. Since there were three estate sales happening in the Northland, we just decided to go to them and not venture down to the "Southland", south of the river. 

Sunday afternoon I spent some time flipping through them to see if anything caught my eye. Since my husband is through volunteering at the tax office at Fort Leavenworth, I only have "goodies" to take on Tuesdays to Hillcrest Thrift Shop. As I am trying to work the first shift at the registry most Tuesday, I have to make whatever I am taking on Monday. Anyway I saw this recipe for Fresh Peach Cake in The Best of Desserts cookbook from Favorite Recipes Press. It sounded perfect as I had some fresh peaches I froze last year that I needed to use.

This cake is delicious! When my shift was over there was only one and a half pieces left. Everyone enjoyed it.



FRESH PEACH CAKE

3         eggs, beaten
1-1/2  cups sugar
1          cup oil
1          teaspoon baking soda
1          teaspoon salt
1          teaspoon cinnamon
2         cups flour, divided
2         cups sliced peaches
1/2      cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan. (I used my homemade Pan Grease.)


Beat eggs in large bowl of electric mixer. Add sugar and oil amd beat until light and lemony.


Add mixture of baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and 1-1/2 cups flour.
Beat at low speed just until blended. Scrape the sides of the bowl.


Sprinkle 1/2 cup of flour over the peaches and nuts in a bowl; toss to coat well.


Fold gently into the batter.


Pour into pan spreading evenly.


Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.

Cool in pan.





Cut into squares.

Garnish with whipped cream or powdered sugar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment