Saturday, February 1, 2014

CAKEY PINEAPPLE BARS

I made these Cakey Pineapple Bars for Fort Leavenworth's Tax Center's Open House.  I have been making "goodies" for my husband to share during the tax preparation class.  It's been great.  I love to bake but am always in the need of a place to share so we don't have to eat all of them.  Somebody in the class suggested that maybe I could make something to share for the Open House.  

I had several recipes I wanted to try and the Open House was the perfect outlet for me.  The first one I made was the "Perfectly Chocolate" Peanut Butter Chip Cookies (which I will be sharing soon) and then this recipe for Cakey Pineapple Bars.

I have to admit when I looked at the ingredients, I couldn't help but question what it was going to taste like OR even if it would make a "cake". It seemed like it was missing some ingredients, but they were delicious!  It was hard not keeping a few for us, but I didn't.  





CAKEY PINEAPPLE BARS

2         cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2  cups confectioners' sugar
2         eggs, lightly beaten
1         can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
2         teaspoons baking soda
1/2      teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to  350 degrees.  Spray a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, stir together flour, 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar, baking soda, and salt.







Add the eggs, pineapple with juice and stir for 2 minutes.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap the pan on the countertop several times to get rid of bubbles.





Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched.

Let cake cool completely in pan on wire rack.




Cut cake into desired size bars.  

In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar with 2 teaspoons water until smooth.






Drizzle over bars.











Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to set before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment