Wednesday, February 26, 2014

MINTY SUGAR COOKIES

I made these Green Minty Sugar Cookies yesterday morning to take to Hillcrest Thrift Shop when I went to cashier later. What a welcomed greeting I received when I walked into the community room! The room was the fullest I have ever seen it for lunch. When they saw the plate of cookies, Jim said, "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" Volunteers kept walking by during my three hour shift thanking me for the delicious cookies. I am so glad they enjoyed them. Now I have to come up with something new for next Tuesday.

These are the easiest ever to make. That's because I took the easy way out and used a sugar cookie mix that makes 3 dozen 2" cookies. I also used Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips. They are "to die for". So much better than just chocolate chips. I made the first cookie before I added the green food coloring to show it plain for other times of the year.  

You know you could add red food coloring for Valentine's Day or even divide the dough in half and use red in one part and green in the other part and serve them at Christmas. 

Or divide the dough in thirds and keep one plain, one red, and one blue for the 4th of July. Wow, let your imagination go wild.  I think I will just call them Minty Sugar Cookies.




MINTY SUGAR COOKIES


1            17.5 oz package Sugar Cookies Mix
1/2 cup  (1 stick) margarine, softened
1             large egg
1             tablespoon water
1/2 - 1    teaspoon mint extract(optional)
1/2          cup Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips
10           drops of food coloring (for full batch)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (easy cleanup and cookies cook nicely).

Mix mix, margarine, egg, water, and extract in mixing bowl .

Add chips.

Add food coloring and beat until the color has been evenly distributed.

Using a small cookie scoop space cookies about 2 inches apart.  

Bake 8 - 9 minutes. Edges will start turning brown.

Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet.

Remove to cool completely on wire rack.



             
  

No comments:

Post a Comment