Thursday, December 26, 2013

SINGLE SERVE (NO SUGAR ADDED) COBBLER

The other night my husband was getting some fish out of the freezer to cook for dinner and he reminded me we had a bunch of bags of frozen peaches in the freezer.  (I had sliced them and froze them to use at a later date. It was quite a while ago, but look how nice they still look. Check out what I did to freeze them HERE.)

Tonight I decided to surprise him with his own single serve cobbler using some of those peaches.  I found the recipe from Ashton at Something Swanky.  

I love portion control recipes and this one appealed to me because since the recipe is making just one cobbler, I could make one for my husband using his favorite fruit and one for me with mine.  I also liked the way it was low calorie.

Well, they were great. I will use more fruit next time.  Ashton said to use 1/2 cup so I basically covered the bottom of the dish. It worked out fine, but more peaches would have been nice. They did have such a good taste...even though they have been in the freezer for quite a while. She also cooked her cobbler for 45 to 60 minutes but it didn't take that long for mine. I set the timer for 30 minutes and tested them. The toothpick came out clean.




SINGLE SERVE (NO SUGAR ADDED) COBBLER


frozen fruit -- at least 1/2 cup but more if you like
3     tablespoons sugar free yellow cake mix
3     tablespoons diet 7-Up or Sprite
1/2  teaspoon cinnamon




Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray oven safe ramekin or bowl with cooking spray.  (I used my 500 mL Corning Ware bowls.)


Place fruit in the bottom of the bowls. (I made two so I made the recipe two separate times. I didn't just double the recipe.)






Whisk the cake mix and cinnamon in a small bowl to combine well. 







Add the 7 - Up and whisk gently (don't overmix it)







Pour batter over fruit evenly.









Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.


No comments:

Post a Comment