Tuesday, December 31, 2013

GINGERSNAPS

Happy New Year everyone! Hard to believe isn't it?  I thought I would share one more recipe that was in a Christmas Cookie cookbook, but that I don't necessarily think of as a Christmas cookie only.

I have several gingersnap recipes but I keep looking for one that is crisp. Well, I finally found one. Hope you will give it a try.

This recipe came from a small book I have called Christmas Cookies & Candy...Easy-to-follow recipes for mouth-watering holiday treats. Instead of pictures of the finished recipes, the book includes clip art reminiscent of old Christmas cards....full of nostalgia.



GINGERSNAPS

2-1/2     cups flour
2            teaspoons baking soda
1             teaspoon ground ginger
1             teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2         teaspoon ground cloves
1/4         teaspoon salt
1             cup firmly packed brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup brown sugar blend.)
3/4        cup oil
1/4         cup molasses
1             egg

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.


Sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.





In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, molasses, and egg. 






Beat well. (medium speed for one minute)







Add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.  Continue to beat until the dough is smooth.





Using a cookie scoop, place the dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.




Bake for 10 minutes.








Remove from sheet and cool on wire rack.








and in my cookie jar...

No comments:

Post a Comment