Thursday, October 10, 2013

BAKED LEMON CHICKEN


After being away for 12 days on vacation, it is good to be back home and eating a home - cooked meal. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat out. I could eat out 3 or 4 times a week easily.

Today was a full day for me with Blankets of Hope scheduled for the morning and then Mexican Train in the afternoon. I didn't expect to be back home until 4ish after leaving at 9:15 in the morning. 

So I looked to see what I could get out of the freezer before I left. One of the first thing I pulled out was the gallon bag of individually frozen chicken breasts. I buy them and then place the individual pieces of chicken in ziplock sandwich bags and then place the sandwich bags in a gallon ziplock freezer bag.

I found this recipe for baked lemon chicken earlier this summer and made it with pork chops. I had to hunt through five or six cookbooks until I finally found the recipe in The Best of Country Cooking 2002 cookbook. The recipe calls for boneless, skinless, chicken breast. I had the thin sliced chicken breast that I like to cook with so that is what I used. I picked out 3 bags this morning but the recipe calls for 4.




BAKED LEMON CHICKEN

3     tablespoons margarine, melted
2     tablespoons lemon juice
1      garlic clove, minced (I used 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic)
1/2  teaspoon salt
1/4  teaspoon pepper
1/2  cup seasoned bread crumbs
4     thinly sliced chicken breast

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


In a shallow dish, combine the first five ingredients...






Place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish...


(Set the dishes close together to form an assembly line.)



Dip chicken in the butter mixture...







Then coat both sides with the crumbs...







Place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray in a single layer...

Drizzle remaining butter mixture over pieces...



Bake for 25 minutes...









No comments:

Post a Comment