Tuesday, January 24, 2017

CRANBERRY-PECAN CHICKEN SALAD

Later this morning I will be going to Hillcrest Thrift Shop to volunteer. Hard to believe it will be my first time this year. I am feeling a lot better and hopefully I won't be too tired at the end of the 3 hour shift.

I made a treat for them that looks like it is going to be a good one. I will be sharing it with you later this week.

Yesterday afternoon the Farkle group met at Friend Sue's house. She had informed us in the "invite" that she would be serving a "light" lunch. If she considers what she served us as a "light" lunch, I would hate to see what she considers lunch. Anyway, Friends Janice and Fran and I went prepared to eat lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sue was prepared for me by having the recipe already written down. Or I should say the ingredients. She told me if I didn't know how to mix them together, I was pretty bad off. lol She also had made cupcakes for dessert but I will share it later in the week. I need to ask her a question or two. (I heard her passing on some tips but I was sitting at the other table and couldn't hear her completely. I want to make sure I pass the tips along to you.)



CRANBERRY-PECAN CHICKEN SALAD

8        cups chicken, cooked and chopped
3        celery ribs, diced
5        green onions, thinly sliced
1-1/2  cups toasted pecans, chopped
6        oz. bag dried cranberries (1 cup)
1         cup mayonnaise
1/2     cup sweet-hot honey mustard
salt and pepper to taste.

Combine all ingredients until well blended.

Serve on croissant with a lettuce leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment