Tuesday, March 29, 2016

COUNTRY FAIR PIE

Remember that second pie crust I made and froze last week? I finally chose a pie recipe to make. It was really hard as I have several I really want to try.

This Country Fair Pie was contributed by Susan Schwartz of Berne, Indiana and was in Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Cookbook. There was a beautiful picture of it on the previous page that just kept "calling" me every time I looked at the book. Mine didn't quite look the same, but I followed the directions (almost). Hers didn't actually look golden brown, just light brown.

OMG! It was so good. My husband wanted me to cut it not long after I took it out of the oven. I held him off for almost 30 minutes and then I had to cut it. I would really recommend eating it while it is still warm.



COUNTRY FAIR PIE

1/2       cup butter or margarine, melted
1           cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup of sugar/stevia blend)
1/2       cup flour
2          eggs
1           teaspoon vanilla
1           cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2       cup butterscotch chips
1           cup chopped nuts
1           (9 - inch) unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.


Beat butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla
until well blended.


Stir in chips and nuts.


Pour into unbaked pie shell.



Bake 1 hour or until golden brown.

Cool on wire rack.


2 comments:

  1. How do you think this would taste if you left the nuts out. I really want to try it, but my daughter can't have nuts because of her braces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Try substituting a cup of old fashioned oats. You could heat the oven to 350 degrees F and heat on a shallow baking sheet stirring a couple of times until lightly browned and nutty smelling about 8 to 10 minutes. Let me know how that works. Thanks for your question. Patricia

      Delete