Tuesday, December 22, 2015

FUDGE NUT COOKIES

My Advent Random Act of Kindness yesterday was to take a treat to the fire station. I have been in a cookie-baking mood lately. So I decided a variety of cookies would be the perfect treat. 

One of the cookies I made was Fudge Nut Cookies from my from Amish and Mennonite kitchens cookbook. The footnote at the bottom said they were "Good and chocolate-y!" I love chocolate and hope firemen do also.



FUDGE NUT COOKIES

1-2/3     cups sugar
2/3        cups butter
2            eggs
1             cup cottage cheese
2            teaspoons vanilla
2-3/4    cups flour
1/2         cup cocoa
1             teaspoon baking powder
1/2         teaspoon baking soda
1/2         teaspoon salt
1/2         cup chopped nuts


Cream sugar, butter, eggs, and cottage cheese together (til butter is smooth).

Add vanilla and dry ingredients. Stir in chopped nuts.



Chill dough for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Roll dough into balls the size of a walnut. (A cookie scoop works great.)

Dip in granulated sugar or powdered sugar. (I rolled mine in the granulated sugar first.)


Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. (I lined mine with parchment paper.)


Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. (I baked mine the full 10 minutes.)


Remove and cool on wire rack.




When I rolled them in sifted powdered sugar...


No comments:

Post a Comment