Monday, May 19, 2014

CAREY'S SPICY PARTY MIX

Carey, Friend Sandi's husband, always brings up whatever I am putting on Facebook when we see each other.  He talks about my blog, but I am not sure he has actually ever visited it.  

When we met at their house for a friendly game of bridge the other night, I took him a loaf of Irish Soda Bread that he had asked me to make him months ago. I had never made it before and wasn't sure how it would turn out.  He says he loves it but you can only get it in the stores around St. Patrick's Day.  Well, it turned out tasting really good and was so easy to make.  Don't mean to tease you, but I'm not writing about it in this post.  Will write it up tonight though.

Today I am sharing the party mix Carey had mixed up and had on the tables for bridge.  I asked him if he had made it or bought it and when he said he had made it, I asked him for the recipe.  Since the bowl at our table was empty, I also asked him if he had any more of it so I could get a picture of it.  Fortunately he did.

I think it pleased him that I wanted to share it here.

And I think the mixture is his own creation.

I decided to name it.....


CAREY'S SPICY PARTY MIX

1       box Cheez-It snack mix
1/3    cup Craisins
1       small (6 - oz) bag of spicy nutty trail mix (one with nuts, corn nuts, and peanuts)

Just combine all in a big bowl and serve.

Wayne really liked it.  He said, "It is hot and salty, but tasty." (I told him I was going to include a picture I had taken of him at another gathering with his quote. He said okay.)









You can look for my recipe for the Irish Soda Bread tomorrow.  I can't wait to make it again.  It was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment