Monday, November 6, 2023

PUMPKIN PUDDING DUMP CAKE

We changed back to standard time this weekend. I think I only heard negative comments about it. I personally wish we were just stay on standard time all year. When someone told me they wished it would stay DST, I asked her would she like for the sun to not come up until 8 A.M. and she said no that she wouldn't. Then I told her that's what would happen around March if we did. (I don't really remember which month it would happen, I don't remember exactly when the weatherman was sharing that bit of knowledge. In the summer here, the sun doesn't set until after 9 so that would be after 8 for standard time. That wouldn't be so bad. Anyway, I don't think anything is going to change anytime soon. I enjoyed getting my extra hour of sleep yesterday morning.

As is usual, I spent Saturday in my kitchen again baking. I made two different recipes for the Cafe Treats and I also made some "plain old" chocolate chip cookies that my MO gkids' godfather said he wanted for fresh eggs. I got fresh eggs as they cleaned the chicken house for me when I took them the cookies. I only got 17 because some chicken weren't interested that day, I guess.  Martin said he thought he liked bartering. HERE is the recipe I used for his cookies.

One of the recipes I made was the Fruity Oatmeal Bars that I have made before. Before I used a sugar-free jam/preserves but this time I used a cherry jam that didn't have a lot of added sugar and especially not high fructose corn syrup, but it meant they weren't sugar-free. They are so easy and taste really good. If you missed that recipe, HERE it is. 

The other recipe was a new one that I could make sugar-free by using a zero sugar yellow cake mix and a sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix. I dusted it with some powdered sugar alternative before I served it instead of using some zero sugar vanilla frosting. Either one would have worked. 

The cake is so moist and everyone that tried it really liked it. I heard some people recommending it to other (even though they didn't need sugar-free). It is also egg-free which is helpful for those people who have an egg allergy.

PRINT RECIPE


PUMPKIN PUDDING DUMP CAKE

1      (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding mix (I used sugar-free)

1-1/2 cups milk (I used skim milk)

1/2    cup canned pumpkin

2       teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1      yellow cake mix (I used a zero-sugar one)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.


Combine the milk and pudding in a large mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes until thick.


Add the pumpkin and spices. (I forgot the pumpkin pie spice until after I had added the cake mix, but next time I would add it before adding the cake mix so it can be blended better.)


Add the cake mix and

spices.

The batter will be thick.

Spoon into prepared pan and spread out evenly.


Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.

Cool in pan on wire rack.


If you like before you cut the cake into squares, you could frost with a cream cheese or vanilla frosting or just dust with powdered sugar.

I sifted a little powdered sugar alternative (by truvia) to keep it a sugar-free cake. 






No comments:

Post a Comment