Friday, November 24, 2023

PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES

 With Thanksgiving over, you might have some leftover pumpkin that you want to use. I love these pancakes so much, I opened a new can just to make them. Since it only uses 1/2 cup of pumpkin, that means I can make them several more times over the next seven days.

I love pumpkin pancakes and have been disappointed at every restaurant this fall that I have ordered them. One restaurant the pancake was so bad, I had to ask them to bring me something else to eat. I just decided I would have to make my own ones if I wanted some delicious pumpkin pancakes. The recipe makes enough pancakes that we can save the batter in the refrigerator and then make some more the next morning. We prefer that method instead of making them all at one time and then just heating them up the next morning.



PRINT RECIPE.

PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES

2     cups buttermilk biscuit and pancake

1     egg

1     cup milk

1/2  cup canned pumpkin

1/4  teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Combine the first four ingredients with a spoon in a mixing bowl until most of the lumps are gone. Add the pumpkin pie spice.


Allow the batter to rest a few minutes. (You can heat the griddle or skillet you are going to be using.)


Spoon out batter on hot griddle.

Cook until bubbles form and pancake has browned.


Flip the pancake and cook on the other side until brown. (Oops, one of them stuck to the griddle.)








Butter if you like, sprinkle with powdered sugar, add syrup...whatever you like.

Here is a picture of the pecan pie I made for our Thanksgiving with our younger son and his family


and the turkey that Patrick, our son, smoked. It was so-o-o-o good and moist.



No comments:

Post a Comment