Wednesday, November 8, 2023

JUNE'S FROSTED PUMPKIN COOKIES

 

I have to warn you. If you chose to make these cookies, you can't eat just one! I know. 

I always try to eat one of each treat the Cafe Treats Bakers make so I can honestly let you know how they tasted. I loved the spices, the orange juice I could taste in the cookie and the frosting, and the pumpkin. They are just the perfect little sweetness for this time of the year. I think you will agree with me if you try them.

PRINT RECIPE.



JUNE'S FROSTED PUMPKIN COOKIES

2-1/2     cups flour

1           tablespoon baking powder

1           teaspoon salt

1           cup pumpkin

1           teaspoon allspice

1           teaspoon cinnamon

1           teaspoon cloves

1           cup shortening

1-1/3     cups sugar

2           teaspoons orange juice

2           eggs

1           cup raisins (optional)

1/2 to 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.

In a smaller bowl, mix together the pumpkin and spices. Set aside.

Cream together the shortening and sugar until creamy in a large mixing bowl.

Add the orange juice and beat in the eggs.

Blend in the pumpkin mixture.

Stir in the dry ingredients.

Add raisins and nuts, if using.

Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 13 minutes.

Cool and then frost with a powdered sugar frosting. (June used some powdered sugar, a teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of orange juice.)


No comments:

Post a Comment