Wednesday, September 6, 2023

SNICKERDOODLE BARS

 

Oh! Do I have a treat for you today!

Cafe Treats Baker Barb brought these absolutely marvelous Snickerdoodle Bars Sunday for the Cafe Treats. I held off as long as I could before I sneaked one. I just couldn't help myself. They looked and smelled so good.

I thought I was biting into a homemade cinnamon roll. That's what they taste like to me. 

Barb found the recipe in the Kansas City Star newspaper. She made the bars in a 9 x 13 - inch pan first. Feeling like the bars were too thick, she made a second batch and used the Jelly Roll Pan. Of course the bars were thinner, but just as delicious. You might be able to see some of the thinner ones in the pictures I took Sunday.



PRINT RECIPE.

SNICKERDOODLE BARS

2-1/3    cups flour

1-1/4    teaspoon baking powder

1/2       teaspoon salt

3/4       cup butter or margarine

1-1/4    cups sugar

1/2       cup brown sugar

3          eggs

1          teaspoon vanilla

Cinnamon filling:

1/2       tablespoon sugar

1/2       tablespoon cinnamon

Glaze:

1/2       cup powdered sugar

1          tablespoon milk

1/4       teaspoon vanilla


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 - inch pan or a Jelly Roll pan, 10 x 15 - inches. Set aside.

Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.

Cream the butter and then add the sugars.

Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla.

Gradually add the dry ingredients to combine.

Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly to cover the bottom of the pan. 

Combine the cinnamon filling ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the batter in the pan.

Drop by teaspoon dollops the remaining batter over the top.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes.

Cool completely.

Mix the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cooked, cooled bars.

Store the bars covered in the refrigerator.




No comments:

Post a Comment