Friday, September 15, 2023

JEAN'S HALF-WAY COOKIES

 Cafe Treats Baker Jean says these cookies are called Half-Way Cookies because they are half-way between a soft caky center and a crispy edge. I just know they were delicious!

Imagine my surprise when she sent me the recipe and I saw they were made using a yellow cake mix. I have made lots of different cookies using a cake mix, but none of them tasted like this. I'm not saying that cookies made using a cake mix taste "different"; I guess I'm saying I just didn't think they were made using a cake mix. They definitely had a delightfully different taste.

I haven't had a chance to make them for myself, but I definitely want to add them to my personal recipe list. I think you will also.


PRINT RECIPE.

HALF-WAY COOKIES

1/2     cup butter/softened

2        large eggs

1        teaspoon vanilla

1        (15 - oz) box yellow cake mix

1-1/2  cups chocolate chips


In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs, and vanilla and mix until smooth.

Add the cake mix to the mixture and mix until fully mixed up.

Add the chocolate chips and stir until the chips are mixed into the dough.

Chill the dough for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets. 

Scoop the dough into tablespoon sized balls. Place on baking sheets 2 inches apart.

Bake until the cookies are starting to brown around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. (Jean found that 10 minutes worked best in her oven.)

Let cool for 2 or 3 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment