Thursday, September 7, 2023

NANCY'S LEMON-COCONUT COOKIES

 

The Sunday that Cafe Treats Baker Nancy brought these Lemon-Coconut Cookies it was closer to 9:30 before she got there with them. Before that one of our patrons came by to see what variety we had to offer. I told him I was waiting on a couple of more treats and what they were going to be. As soon as I said Lemon - Coconut Cookies, he brought out into a big smile and said, "Oh yeah! I'll be back for the lemon cookies."

Well, he came by one more time before Nancy got there but unfortunately I had to leave for Sunday school before he came back. I think the church service had started. I was then a few minutes late from my class and church had already let out by the time I got there. I didn't see him, but I am hoping that he came out and was able to enjoy one before he went home.

I know I really enjoy the one I sneaked for myself. I do try to grab one of each treat so I can personally vouch for them. These were so delicious that I might just have to ask Nancy to make them again. 

The recipe is a King Arthur recipe. I have noticed that most of the time whatever Nancy brings is a King Arthur recipe. They are usually good.



PRINT RECIPE.

LEMON-COCONUT COOKIES

8       tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)

3/4    cup sugar

1       large egg

1/2    teaspoon vanilla

1       teaspoon baking powder

1/4    teaspoon salt

1/2    teaspoon lemon oil *

1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice powder 

1-1/2 cups flour

1       cup shredded coconut, sweetened

3       tablespoons coarse sparling sugar, for topping


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line with parchment paper, two baking sheets. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar.

Add the egg, vanilla, baking powder, salt, lemon oil, and lemon juice powder, beating until well blended.

Add the flour and coconut, stirring until combined.

To shape the cookies, place the sparkling white sugar in a small bowl. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls into the bowl, one at a time, shaking the bowl to coat with sugar. (using a cookie scoop) Gently roll the cookies into smooth balls with your fingers, then transfer to the prepared pans.

Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, for soft cookies.

Bake for 12 minutes, until the are barely beginning to brown around the edges for crunchier cookies.

Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool after a few minutes.

Store in a closed container or freeze.

* Nancy substituted the rind of one lemon grated




No comments:

Post a Comment