Monday, December 5, 2022

TACO BURGER ROTINI BAKE

 Whenever I find us eating out more often than I'm cooking us something to eat, I make myself do a search for some delicious looking main dishes that wouldn't be too hard but would be tasty and last us several meals.  As it turned out I found two but chose this one first.

I had to make it my own recipe though by changing the ingredients up some - maybe a little bit more than I usually do. I changed it so much that I had to rename the recipe. You see the title was Sausage Macaroni Bake and I didn't have any sausage and I didn't have any macaroni that I wanted to use. The only name I could keep would be "bake". I thought about Burger Pasta Bake or Taco Rotini Bake and finally decided to join them together together and call it Taco Burger Rotini Bake. Too much? Maybe so.

It was definitely quick and easy and  Wayne really liked it. It also lasted for two and a half meals which kept us out of restaurants and fast food places for a few days. Another fabulous thing was I tried some "pasta" I bought that was made with chick pea. I couldn't taste any difference in the rotini at all.

PRINT RECIPE HERE.


TACO BURGER ROTINI BAKE

3/4     cup uncooked pasta (rotini)

1/2     lb ground beef

1        teaspoon Nature Seasoning

2        teaspoons taco seasoning

1        can (8 ounces) tomato sauce

1/2     cup water

1        teaspoon pepper

4        tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese divided

Cook the rotini according to package directions; drain and set aside.


Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain if necessary.

Sprinkle the Nature Seasoning and taco seasoning over the cooked meat.

Stir in the tomato sauce and water.

Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the pepper on top and stir in.







While the meat is simmering, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.


Stir in the rotini and

Parmesan cheese.

Transfer to an ungreased 1-quart baking dish.


Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.

Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.

Can sprinkle more Parmesan Cheese on top of individual servings.



2 comments: