Thursday, December 1, 2022

EASY MUFFIN-COOKIE MAGIC

 How many times have you watched a Christmas movie on television when the child reminds his/her mother or daddy that he is supposed to take cookies to school the next day? And s/he does this just before going to bed. Then before the parent goes to bed, you see these beautifully decorated cookies s/he made in no time at all. 

Well, these cookies are actually super easy, look great, and taste great and sure to be enjoyed by every child in the classroom. Even better you could have your child help you make them and then feel some pride in a job well done and most of all joy in doing something with you. It does help to have an assistant when you start pressing the candy in the center of the cookie. (I had my husband help me.)

I made these cookies using a peanut butter cookie mix, but the sugar cookie mix, the chocolate chip cookie mix, even the snickerdoodle cookie mix could be used. You can also use a variety of mini candy treats. I used Rollo and even a few Andes candies when I didn't have enough of the Rollo's and the mini unwrapped peanut butter cups. I was surprised  at the options I found.

PRINT recipe.



EASY MUFFIN-COOKIE MAGIC

1      17.5 package of cookie mix (sugar, peanut butter, chocolate chip, or snickerdoodle)

1       egg

6       tablespoons butter, melted or at room temperature or 1 stick (1/2 cup)

mini unwrapped candy such as Rollo's, peanut butter cups, Andes, etc

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.


Combine cookie mix, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl and

beat on low/medium til soft dough forms.


Using a small (1 tablespoon) cookie scoop, scoop dough and place in the center of the mini muffin cups pan (I used a 24 mini-cup pan).


Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and very light golden brown.


Remove pan and place on a wire rack. Immediately press the mini candy in the center of each puffed cookie.

You can press the candy right side up or upside down in the cookie. I did both to see what they would look like.








Allow to cool a few minutes before removing from pan to finish cooling on wire rack.

If you wait too long and the cookies don't want to come out, place in oven at about 250 degrees F for a couple of minutes to reheat slightly. 


I think I like turning the candy upside down. The candy stays farther down in the cookie.








UPDATE:
I made these for the Cafe Treats and made them a little more festive. I used the sugar cookie mix since the Cafe Treats is a nut-free zone. I added 2 tablespoons of sprinkles to the batter and then sprinkled some red sugar over the cookies after we stuck the rollo in the center. They didn't last long.











No comments:

Post a Comment