Thursday, August 18, 2022

CHOCOLATE CHIP YOGURT COOKIES

 My Pillsbury Healthy-Baking Fresh Approaches to more than 200 Favorite Recipes is currently my favorite new/old cookbook that I got at an estate sale. I love the healthy options and then I make my own healthy options so the recipe is even more healthy.

This cookie is so good! And we love the taste of it. I even took Friend Fran six of them and she loved them also. I think there are still a few in the cookie jar but not a whole lot. I might try some different flavored chips next time. They won't be miniature so I will chop them first. I do like the smaller chips in a cookie. It seems like you have more chips then in the small cookie.

I have another recipe from this cookbook to share with you in another post of some mini muffins I took to my dentist office when I got my teeth cleaned. I have several more already marked and I'm sure I will find more as I just look through it.

PRINT  just the recipe.




CHOCOLATE CHIP YOGURT COOKIES

1/2     cup sugar or stevia (I used stevia)

1/2     cup firmly packed brown sugar (I used 1/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/4 cup truvia sweet complete brown with a hint of molasses)

1/4     cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened

1/4     cup shortening

1/2     cup nonfat plain yogurt

1-1/2  teaspoons vanilla

1-3/4  cups flour (I used almost a full cup of all-purpose and the rest whole wheat flour.)

1/2     teaspoon baking soda

1/2     teaspoon salt

1/2     cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips


Heat oven to 375 degrees F. 


In a large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, butter, and shortening until

light and fluffy. (I let the electric mixer run while I measured out the dry ingredients.)


Add yogurt and vanilla;

blend well.

Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt that you have blended in a smaller bowl.

I added a little at a time since I was stirring by hand.

Mix well.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls

2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

(I also made 12 cookies using the my cookie scoop, but the cookies stayed round and I preferred the looks of the rounded teaspoon cookie.)


Bake for 8 to 12 minutes (I baked mine 10 min.) or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute;

remove from cookie sheets to a wire rack to finish cooling.

The cookies made using the cookie scoop.








HIGH ALTITUDE- Above 3500 feet: Decrease granulated sugar to 1/3 cup; decrease brown sugar to 1/3 cup. Bake as directed above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment