Monday, October 4, 2021

SF CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES

 Friend Fran texted me last Wednesday thanking me for the No-Sugar-Added Apple Bread I gave her. She said she was glad I had cut back on the sugar because then she didn't feel so guilty eating it. I have always tried to reduce the sugar in recipes when I could. I guess lately it seems like I am doing it more often. I seemed to have reached a plateau with my weight so maybe what I weigh now is what I am meant to weigh. I would just like to keep it there so maybe I am looking at recipes that I can change to make less sugar or no sugar at all.  

Today's recipe is following down the same path. To be honest, my recipe isn't totally sugar-free because I used dark chocolate chips. They contain 6 grams of sugar in a tablespoon. When Wayne and I were following the Sugar Busters' Lifestyle years ago, 5 grams of sugar a serving was the key goal. You can buy SF chocolate chips, I just feel it's okay to have a little bit of sugar. You are going to have a tablespoon of chips in one cookie anyway. Even though these cookies are awesome the way I made them, I think next time I would use at least a cup of chips. The recipe called for miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I used regular size dark chocolate chips. I have only been able to find mini-chocolate chips in the semi-sweet. Some cookies didn't get any chips which is fairly obvious looking at the pictures of them.

They may not be the prettiest cookies you have eaten, but don't judge a cookie by the outside. When we were taking our grandchildren back home on Saturday, Madison said, "Grandmother, those cookies you made were really good." I thanked her and told her I had bagged them up some to take home. She said, "Thanks." I had planned to let them help me make them, but Tyler preferred to play with his cars and Madison was more interested in the kittens, Charlie and Parker.



SF CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES

1     box (14 ounces) Sugar-Free Brownie mix

1     egg

2     tablespoons butter, softened

3     tablespoons water

1/2  cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips. (I used regular size dark chocolate chips) To make the cookies SF, use the SF chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.


In a large mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg, butter, and water. Stir until all of the brownie mix has been thoroughly blended in.

Add chocolate chips and

stir to distribute well.  At this point you can refrigerate the batter for about 30 minutes before baking the cookies, if you want. (I didn't see any difference in the outcome though.


Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop batter about two inches apart on cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 - 13 minutes or until set and slightly browned on the edges. (It is hard to see the slightly browned edges.) Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment