Thursday, October 14, 2021

PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES

 One of my favorite things about fall is going to IHOP to eat their Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. We have already been three times, but after today, I can enjoy them at home. And I must say after eating some, I can't tell that I haven't been to IHOP. This recipe definitely makes restaurant quality pancakes. Even my husband said they were really good. It was also a good use of leftover pumpkin after making a dessert that only called for a cup of pumpkin.



PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES

1        egg, beaten

1-1/4  cup milk (I used skim milk)

2        cups baking and pancake mix (I used CB, the Country Store)

1/2     cup canned pumpkin

1        teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2     teaspoon ground allspice (I used a scant 1/2 teaspoon)

Real maple syrup, if desired (I used sugar free syrup)


Combine all ingredients, except syrup in a bowl til blended.

I started with a wooden spoon and then

whisked the batter a few seconds to make sure most lumps were broken up. 


Heat griddle and spray or spread a little oil on it. Pour less than or equal to 1/4 cup for each pancake depending on the size of pancakes you like. I personally like smaller pancakes so I used my smaller ice cream scoop that holds a little less than 1/4 cup. Cook until bubbles form.

Turn pancakes and cook until the bottom is golden brown.


Serve pancakes as you like with butter, cinnamon butter, or syrup.












Since it is only the two of us, I stored the rest of the batter in a plastic container to cook fresh later.


No comments:

Post a Comment