Tuesday, September 8, 2020

DAY 180 - SIX-BANANA BANANA BREAD

I hope everyone had a marvelous Labor Day Weekend. It was a busy one for us, I guess, because we were pet sitting for our younger son Patrick and his family. They went camping for the weekend and we shared responsibilities for the pets with Lori's mother. Carol went to their house in the morning and we took the evening shift. She lives closer than we do so we don't have to get up as early to let Dakota, the dog, out for a bit and feed him. They now have two cats, but they can take care of themselves fairly well. They eat canned cat food so that does mean we have to feed them also. We usually go up around 5 to let Dakota out and then stay until 8 or so to let him out one more time before bedtime.

Sunday morning I decided to do a little baking and thought I would make a banana bread recipe that Friend Ellen shared with me a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have six fresh banana, but had some I had frozen in the freezer to add to my two fresh ones. I like to make quick bread the day ahead and wrap it in foil and then cut it the next day. That way it seems so moist. I thought I would cut us two slices and then rewrap it and take it to Hillcrest on Tuesday. BUT after eating my slice I decided I was  going to keep it. Hillcrest won't know about it.

After I gave Ellen my verdict, I asked her if she had used sour cream or yogurt. She told me she actually used Coconut Greek Yogurt. Wow! Wayne would have really liked that if I had used that. He is always telling me to add coconut to recipes. Next time I will.



SIX-BANANA BANANA BREAD

1/4     cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted.
3/4     cup granulated sugar
1/4     cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4     cup sour cream or thick Greek yogurt (coconut Greek yogurt is great)
2        large eggs
1        tablespoon vanilla extract
6        medium/large very ripe bananas, mashed (1/2 cups mashed bananas)
1        3.4 ounce box vanilla instant pudding mix (not cook 'n serve) (I used sugar free)
2-1/4  cups flour
1-1/2  teaspoons baking soda
1        teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt, optional and to taste


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan, set aside.


Melt butter in microwave. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add sugars, sour cream or yogurt, eggs, and vanilla.
Whisk to combine.


Add the bananas and stir incorporate.


Combine the dry pudding mix, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and optional salt with another whisk. 
Add to liquid batter and
fold in with a spatula or
stir gently with a spoon. Don't overmix or bread will be toucher.



Pour batter in pan and
bake 60 to 75 minutes or until top is domed, golden, and the center is set. A toothpick stuck in the center should not come back with any batter.

Allow bread to cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
I ran a knife around the inside of the pan to make sure the bread was loose.

Store wrapped in foil.




I also was in the mood to make some new crocheted top towels this weekend.





Here are some of the large sunflowers blooming in my son and his family's yard. Granddaughter Madison just loves the sunflowers.













HERE is a link to my post on how to make the hanging towels. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent read, Positive site, I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work and also get to know about Benefits of Eating Chocolate

    ReplyDelete