Wednesday, September 30, 2020

IMPOSSIBLY EASY CHICKEN POT PIE

 I do love chicken pot pie. 😍 When we lived in Ventura, CA, I loved to eat Marie Callender's pot pie. Back then (in the good old days) restaurants didn't have to include the calories on the menu so I didn't realize how many calories and how much sodium I was eating until  they started selling them in the grocery stores. I just wouldn't allow myself to buy them or eat them anymore.

I have found several really good recipes for making my own pot pies and today I am sharing another super easy and great tasting recipe inspired from Betty Crocker. I read the comments and revised the recipe. Wayne loved it. He didn't complain that it was needed some seasoning. 



IMPOSSIBLY EASY CHICKEN POT PIE

1-2/3  cups frozen mixed vegetables (dice a small potato and add to mixture if the mixed vegetables do not include them.)

1        cup cup-up cooked chicken (I used a 12.5 ounce can of cooked chicken)

1        can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup (I used reduced salt variety)

1        teaspoon Nature's Seasoning

Italian Seasoning

1        cup baking mix

1/2     cup milk

1        egg


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 


Mix frozen vegetables and diced potatoes if adding them and cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl.

Empty soup in a small bowl and add seasoning.

Pour soup over chicken and vegetables and stir til evenly distributed.

Spread mixture into an ungreased deep dish 9 - inch glass pie plate.

Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning as desired.

In a small mixing bowl, combine baking mix, milk, and egg with whisk til well blended.

Pour over the top of the mixture in the pie plate and

spread out to evenly cover the top.

Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.



Here are blurred pictures of our servings, but you can sorta see what the insides look like (I don't think I had my reading glasses on 😏):






No comments:

Post a Comment