Monday, July 27, 2020

Day 137 - APPLE PUDDING

With this heat last week it is hard to do much cooking in the kitchen because the house doesn't need to get any hotter. This week does look to be better - or I should say - forecasted to be better with rain chances all week and highs in the low 80s. Will see.

Anyway because of the heat I tried to rediscover my slow cooker and toaster oven. I will be sharing the main dish I made Friday in the slow cooker that Wayne and I are enjoying later this week. Today I am sharing the Apple Pudding I made yesterday afternoon in my toaster oven. I have been wanting to make it since finding the recipe from a newspaper in that file of Recipes to Try SOON that I collected in the 80s, maybe 90s.

I never baked many cakes in the toaster oven so it might not need to bake as long. The cake tasted great but it was a little dark on top. Love the cinnamon and nutmeg.
 


APPLE PUDDING

1     cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup stevia blend)
1/4  cup butter, room temperature
1     egg
1     cup flour
1     teaspoon baking soda
1/4  teaspoon salt
1/2  teaspoon cinnamon
1/2  teaspoon nutmeg
1/2  cup nuts, chopped (I used pecans)
1-2  teaspoons vanilla
4     apples, peeled and diced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 


Cream sugar and butter.
Add egg.
Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
Stir in nuts and vanilla and then stir in apples.
Stir to evenly distribute the mixture to the apples.
(There are more apples than batter.)
Spread into 8 - inch square pan.
Bake for 45 minutes. (I told you it got a little dark in the toaster oven. Didn't taste burned though.)
To serve, cut into squares, add whipped topping and top with a cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment