Friday, March 1, 2019

JUDY'S COKE SALAD

It's been a long time since I have indulged in a Coke Salad, but I was so excited to see it when my cousin Judy brought it out for dinner the day we arrived here in San Diego. It makes such a large salad that we were able to enjoy it each day we were there.

I asked Judy if she used sugar-free jello, but she said she didn't. I use sugar-free jello all the time in recipes and wouldn't hesitate to do so in this recipe. I would also use fat-free or reduced-fat cream cheese. I would also use diet coke.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.



COKE SALAD

1      can dark cherries, drained (15 oz)
1      can crushed pineapple, drained (20 oz)
1      8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temperature
1      cup pecans, chopped
1      12 oz can coco cola
2      small pkgs cherry jello

Heat cherry and pineapple juice just until it starts to boil. 

Add cherry jello and stir til dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool but not to jell. 

Add coke, stir well. Let set until it begins to jell (thicken). 

Add pineapple, cream cheese (Judy pinches off the cream cheese into small chunks), cherries, and pecans. Stir well. 

Chill until firm. 

Best the second day. 


1 comment:

  1. Would be a good filling for a Halloween food like guts or Sharkweek chum. So tasty, just looks suspicious.

    ReplyDelete