Friday, March 22, 2019

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (SUGAR FREE)

Spring is finally here! This is seemed like the longest winter ever! The weather is crazy everywhere though. Now the midwest is dealing with floods due to all the snow we have received. It is really hard watching the news and seeing the flooded cities, farms, etc. While we personally are not having any issues with the floods, nearby Parkville, MO is dealing with flooding from the Missouri River. 

I've been away from my blog for a week because my uncle J. D. died last week and we went back to my hometown to celebrate his life. His service was twenty years after my mother, his older sister, died. He would have been 95 years old in April. They weren't able to bury him because Bayou Bartholomew was flooding into the cemetery. The family plot is next to the banks of the bayou and unfortunately this isn't the first time the family graves have been under water. More recent coffins have been buried in vaults, but the older ones weren't.

I have a few pounds I wish to lose that I gained over our cold winter, so when I felt the need to make something sweet to have in the house to eat, I chose this recipe for peanut butter cookies that used a yellow cake mix. Whenever I want to control/limit the sugar for something for us and uses a yellow or chocolate cake mix, I will substitute a sugar-free cake mix for the recipe. The peanut butter I use is a natural one so doesn't have sugar added to it. That way, I don't feel quite so guilty eating them. It won't change any if you decide to use a regular yellow cake mix.

I loved the taste of the cookies. They don't taste completely like your traditional peanut butter cookie, but I think you will still like them. They are lighter tasting and a little more cake-like. 


PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (SUGAR-FREE)

1      yellow cake mix, sugar-free
2      eggs
1/2   cup oil
1      cup peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir/beat with electric mixer
until well combined.

Using a cookie scoop, form a ball in your hands and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press twice in a crisscross pattern with a fork as usual for peanut butter cookies.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet a few minutes
before removing to finish cooling on wire rack.


Here is a picture of my Uncle J. D. He will be missed by many!

No comments:

Post a Comment