Friday, July 6, 2018

HEAVENLY PEPPERMINT BROWNIES

This weeks extra special cake mix "cake" isn't really a cake, but more like brownies. I did change Stephanie Ashcraft's (101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix) recipe with one substitution. The recipe called for chopped pecans and I decided to use some Ghirardelli peppermint chunks I had leftover from the holidays. I really liked the addition of the peppermint.

I took them to the volunteers at HPC Thrift Shop last Saturday when I filled in for the first shift at the shop. I worked Register 1 which is the most popular and admit I was tired at the end of the shift. I think eating one of these brownies before I started helped get me through the two hours. (Only half kidding.)

PRINT this recipe


HEAVENLY PEPPERMINT BROWNIES

Bottom Layer:

1      chocolate cake mix
1/2   butter, melted
1      egg
1/2   cup peppermint chunks

Top Layer:

1     lb box (3-1/2 cups) powdered sugar
8     ounces cream cheese
2     eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 - inch pan.

Mix dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg.

Add peppermint chunks.


Spread into pan.

Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, and remaining 2 eggs together. (Start out slow or you can make a big mess.)



Spread mixture over the bottom layer.

Bake 40 - 50 minutes, or until golden brown.







Cool before cutting in squares.

(I made mine the afternoon before so stored them covered in the refrigerator.)

No comments:

Post a Comment