Friday, July 13, 2018

PEPPERMINT CAKE

I'm not sure how I missed sharing this recipe with you. I made it  on the Monday afternoon before I went in the next morning to work my shift at the register at HPC Thrift Shop because it was going to be so easy. I intended to also make the American Flag Pie that we took to the fourth of July celebration with our MO grandchildren's godparents and friends, but was too tired and decided to just make the pie the next day after I got home from the thrift shop and before we went to the party. That post was so involved; I guess I just forgot about the Peppermint Cake.

I saw the recipe in the 101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix and thought I would use the leftover peppermint chips I had after I made the Heavenly Peppermint Brownies instead of crushed peppermint candy. OMG! It was divine. (I even ate the piece I had left at the house for my husband.)



PEPPERMINT CAKE

Cake:

1       white cake mix
3/4    cup water
2       egg whites
1/3    cup oil
1/2    cup peppermint chunks, chopped

Topping:

1       can vanilla frosting
2-1/2 tablespoons chopped peppermint chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray a 9 x 13 - inch pan.


In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, egg whites, and oil until smooth.
(Combine on low til moistened, scrape the sides of the bowl,
and increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes.)


Stir in chopped peppermint chunks



Pour batter into pan.


Bake 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool completely.


Spread frosting over cooled cake. (I placed cooled cake in refrigerator to get cold before I spread the frosting on the cake.)


Sprinkle with crushed peppermint chunks.
I chopped the ones for the frosting with a knife so they would be a little bigger.


Here are the peppermint chunks I used in the cake...



and the peppermint chunks chopped I put in the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment