Thursday, September 14, 2017

JIFFY CHEESY BACON CORNBREAD

One of my more popular posts is my original Jiffy Sweet Potato Cornbread. I decided to experiment when I couldn't find a recipe for Sweet Potato Cornbread. We had gone to Williamsburg on vacation and had some in a restaurant. I asked for their recipe, but with no luck.

Well, I decided it was time to experiment again. This time I came up with Cheesy Bacon Cornbread. Oh my gosh! It was so good. I ate mine right along with my Texas Bean Soup. My husband saved his until after he had eaten his soup. I had given up on him. When he finally took some bites, he didn't hesitate to tell me how good it was. 

I wasn't surprised, btw. I mean, how can you go wrong with bacon, cheese, and cornbread. It's even better when they are all together in one bite. Oh, and don't forget the butter.



JIFFY CHEESY BACON CORNBREAD

1       box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1       egg
1/2    cup milk
2       strips bacon, cooked, and crumbled
1       cup grated cheese (about 1-1/2 to 2 ounces)* 



Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour a little oil in each muffin cup. (If you like crunchy cornbread, place muffin pan in oven while it is preheating to heat the oil.)


Combine the muffin mix, egg, and milk together in a bowl with a whisk.
Add the bacon.
Add the cheese. *I grated some block Colby cheese (that's what I had). I am guessing I grated maybe 1/4th of the 8-ounce block. After I grated it, I pressed it as best as I could in a 1 cup measuring cup.
Divide evenly in muffin tin. (I use a cast iron one and filled seven of them. The other four I added a little oil and then some water. This helps the muffins cook evenly.)


Bake in oven for 20 minutes.


We like to slice the top off and slab with a little butter before we eat them.





No comments:

Post a Comment